Colorado SUP Yoga Certification Retreat
with Fluid SUP
August 9 – 13, 2017
Grand Lake, Colorado
Surround yourself with the power of the Rocky Mountains as you dive deeper into your yoga teacher skills and learn the wave of making the water your office. Spend the days in the warmth of the mountain sunshine and the evenings cruising the shorelines of Grand Lake via pontoon boat. Enjoy the brilliance of the night sky in the mountains, and hear the rushing waters of the Tonahutu River flowing into the lake from the your cozy wooded cabin. Make friendships and connections that will last a lifetime during this unique 5 day, 4 night all inclusive SUP yoga certification retreat.
Stoked Yogi and Fluid SUP have teamed up yet again to bring you another amazing SUP yoga experience, this time in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. Expand your knowledge and skills on the water during a long weekend of fun in the sun. This training will include 40 hours of continuing education for Yoga Alliance as well as a PaddleFit certification. You will leave feeling stronger both mentally, physically, and ready to take on the next adventure of your yoga journey.
THIS 5 DAY, 40 HOUR STAND UP PADDLE BOARD YOGA TEACHER CERTIFICATION COURSE INCLUDES:
- SUP Skills: Paddle technique including stroke and maneuvering, board anatomy and handling, entry and exit techniques, caring for your board.
- Instructing a beginner SUP lesson
- Weather and water safety: Regulations, local knowledge, rescue techniques and lifesaving skills. USCG (United States Coast Guard) approved water safety clinic.
- Anchor systems: Individual and group
- Adapting and sequencing asana on the water, including one set sequence and guidelines for building your own class.
- Building Your Business: Purchasing and preparing, start up capital, marketing and advertising, web development and software, reaching your audience.
- PaddleFit Certification
- Equipment provided for duration of training: Glide Yoga Board, paddle, anchor, and PFD.
- Journaling and Dharma satsang to discover your purpose and calling.
ALL INCLUSIVE RESIDENTIAL PACKAGE ALSO OFFERS:
- 5 days, 4 nights accommodations at the private wooded cabin on the river, just a stones throw from the lake.
- All meals and beverages (excluding alcohol): 3 breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.
- All meals will be vegetarian and gluten free (vegan option available). Meals will be prepared communally and enjoyed together family style.
- Sunset boat cruise.
- Optional hot springs trip.
- Hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park
- Journaling, goal-setting, and meditation in the evenings.
- Unlimited use of Glide Yoga stand up paddle boards during training.
- Gift bag with Stoked apparel, yoga accessories, and healthy snacks provided by our sponsors: Polar Bottle, Raw Elements sunscreen, and more!
- Denver airport shuttle.
- Photos and video of the training provided via google drive.
- Note: The package is a separate charge from the tuition rate – Book All Inclusive Lodging and Meal Package through Fluid SUP.
Cost (Tuition only):
Regular Tuition: $1095
Early Bird Tuition:$995
Not a Yoga Teacher? Cost (Retreat only):
Retreat Rate: $395
Accommodations & Meals: Book Here
Retreat Only (No Certification) Bunk Bed: $395
Twin/Queen Bed Shared Room: $595
Queen/King Bed Private Room: $795
Shared Bed Private Room (price for 2 people) $995
Grand Lake is the largest and deepest natural lake in Colorado, and serves as the headwaters for the Colorado River. From Grand Lake you will enjoy 360 degree views of pine covered rolling hillsides and snow tipped mountains. On shore of the lake lies the quaint town of Grand Lake, best know for being the western entrance of Rocky Mountain National Park. Those who attend this unique Rocky Mountain Stoked Yogi training will stay in the heart of this mountain town on the banks of the Tonahutu River. Where the Tonahutu flows into Grand Lake, you will find our cabins. Within a short walk there are many shops, restaurants, and local attractions, including beautiful hiking trails throughout the surrounding hillsides.
Our lodging for the weekend are cozy wooded riverside cabins. From the comfort of your cabin you will be able to hear the rushing water of the Tonahutu river flowing into Grand Lake. After a long day on the water, we will enjoy a sunset boat cruise, kick our feet up fireside and gaze at the sparkling night sky. All participants will have a twin/queen bed in a shared room, with an option to upgrade to a private queen/king bedroom. Included in the accommodation pricing are three fresh healthy vegan/vegetarian meals a day (gluten free options available). Accommodations will be booked separately from tuition through Fluid SUP’s website.
Those who are flying in from out of town will want to fly into Denver International Airport. This is a 2-2.5 hour drive from Grand Lake. An airport shuttle will be provided and depart DIA at 3pm to head to the mountains. Another shuttle will depart Grand Lake at 1pm on Sunday.
When booking flights, make sure they arrive into DIA before 2:30 on Wednesday and depart after 5pm on Sunday.