Stand Up Paddle Board Yoga Teacher Training
COVID-19 UPDATED DECEMBER 2020 – JUNE 2021:
At present, we have suspended all in person classes, retreats, and teacher trainings. We continue to monitor the recommendations of the CDC and hope to reinstate in person events in fall 2021. Sending you safety and well-wishes for this challenging season.
You love yoga. You love the water. This is what you were made for.
Stoked Yogi is proud to be an innovator in SUP Yoga, and the only certification provider that offers three distinct training programs for SUP Yoga. We are thrilled that will be adding stand up paddle board yoga to your teaching repertoire, and our goal is to streamline the process for you to give you the best possible experience. Founder Amelia Travis has trained over three hundred yoga teachers how to adapt their practice and teaching to the water, and we are proud to offer three Yoga Alliance approved continuing education programs to meet your needs.
- Stoked Yogi SUP Yoga Certification (Level 1) – 25 hours * All Inclusive Packages Optional
- Stoked Yogi All Inclusive Certification Retreat – 40 hours
- Stoked Yogi Master Training – Learn to lead certifications – 40 hours
Stoked Yogi Teaching Team
Learn more about the Stoked Yogi teaching team here!
Stoked Yogi SUP Yoga Certification
Both the 25 hour and 40 hour stand up paddle board yoga teacher certification courses include:
- SUP Skills: Forward stroke, turn techniques and maneuvering, board anatomy and handling, launching and landing.
- Beginner SUP: Clear, concise method for instructing a beginner paddle board lesson.
- Safety & Rescue: Lifesaving techniques including flip rescue, active & passive drowning victims. Weather and marine hazards, local knowledge.
- Anchor Systems: Individual and group
- Aqua Asana: Beginner sequence and how to creatively sequence on the water.
- Stoked Yogi SUP Yoga Manual (Level 1)
- Business of SUP Yoga: Starting your business, insurance, permitting, and defining your brand.
- Equipment provided for duration of training: SUP Board, paddle, anchor, and PFD.
- Swag Bag: Gear from our sponsors including water bottle, sunscreen, hat and tank top
- Optional all inclusive packages for 25 hour trainings, or pay tuition only if you’re local.
Our 40 hour all inclusive certification retreats also include:
- Accommodations in waterfront residence so there’s no daily commute
- 3 delicious meals per day prepared by in house private chef, using local, seasonal, organic ingredients
- Visualization and goal setting workshop
- AcroYoga, Chakra Ascension, Breathwork or Specialty Yoga workshop
- Friday Bonfire & Evening Cocktail or Mocktail Party
- All the amenities of a luxurious retreat while you learn!
We also offer Private SUP Yoga Teacher Training for international/ESL students, or those looking for individualized business coaching and development.
Why Choose Stoked Yogi Training?
Our goal is to support you from the start. We provide training that is approved and informed by PaddleFit, ACA, WPA, Yoga Alliance, and ACE. Not only will we make sure you have everything you need to successfully complete training, including the most comprehensive SUP yoga training guide ever written, but we also give you access upon graduation to a wholesale account with Glide SUP, Boardworks, Surf Hardware, and more. You will leave training ready to start your own business, confident and secure in your ability to teach SUP yoga safely and effectively. In the spirit of yoga, we support your endeavors and aim to help you find your perfect path, enabling you to be yourself, be confident, and spread love through stand up paddle boarding and yoga.
We strongly suggest a 200 hour Yoga Alliance certification or equivalent teaching experience. If you do not hold this credential or are unsure about your experience, please complete the application and explain clearly your yoga practice and teaching. This is to ensure all participants are safely able to teach on land before moving to the unstable surface of the water. CPR certification is required before graduation certificate will be issued.
To register, please complete the application in its entirety and pay the deposit online. You will receive a confirmation email including your receipt, invoice for balance, packing list, and detailed itinerary.
25 hour trainings: $1495 *Includes accommodations, meals, airport transfer
40 hour trainings: $1850 *Includes accommodations, meals, airport transfer
40 hour master trainings: $2195 *Includes accommodations, meals, airport transfer
*$100 early bird discount applied for tuition paid in full 30 days prior to training.
A non-refundable $450 deposit is required to confirm your space in these courses. If the balance is paid 30 days prior to training, a $100 early bird discount will be applied. The balance is due thirty days prior to the course start date.
Accommodations & Transportation
For every training, we either provide lodging and transportation or provide you with a variety of nearby lodging options within walking distance of training, along with a list of suggested dining. Airport transfer inclusion depends on the training. Please refer to each training event for more information.
When to Arrive
All trainings are three to five consecutive days. 25 hour trainings start the first day at 8AM and ending the last day at 5PM. 40 hour trainings start the first day at 3PM and end the last day at 1PM. Please arrange your travel plans accordingly. Contact us if you have questions about your flight or travel options. You will receive more detailed information once you apply to a specific training event.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form below to request an application or more information. Our goal is to make Stoked Yogi teacher training one of the best experiences of your life. Let us know how we can serve you.