Lake Tahoe SUP Yoga Certification Retreat
September 6-10, 2017
Kings Beach, Lake Tahoe, California
Surround yourself with the majesty and splendor of Lake Tahoe for this incredible training experience with a five day immersion into SUP Yoga. Dive into new knowledge with our stand up paddle board yoga certification weekend in the emerald waters of North Shore Lake Tahoe. September 6-10, we are hosting a 5 day, 4 night SUP teacher training with the stunning backdrop of King’s Beach, Lake Tahoe in California.
This Tahoe certification retreat is one of the most magical experiences we offer, and fills up very quickly. We recommend securing your spot early to guarantee admission. Click here to see more photos from training in Tahoe.
Stoked Yogi founder Amelia Travis has trained over four hundred yoga instructors how to adapt the practice of yoga safely to the stand up paddle board. This long weekend will give you 40 hours of continuing education for Yoga Alliance and give you the skills and confidence to guide beginners and advanced practitioners alike in the practice of “aqua asana.”
This 5 day, 40 hour stand up paddle board yoga teacher certification course includes:
- Teaching led by Stoked Yogi founder Amelia Travis
- SUP Skills: Paddle technique including stroke and maneuvering, board anatomy and handling, entry and exit techniques, caring for your board.
- Instructing a beginner SUP lesson
- Weather and water safety: Regulations, local knowledge, rescue techniques and lifesaving skills. USCG (United States Coast Guard) approved water safety clinic.
- Anchor systems: Individual and group
- Adapting and sequencing asana on the water, including one set sequence and guidelines for building your own class.
- Building Your Business: Purchasing and preparing, start up capital, marketing and advertising, web development and software, reaching your audience.
- Equipment provided for duration of training: Glide Yoga Board, paddle, anchor, and PFD.
- AcroYoga workshop with certified instructor
- Journaling and Dharma satsang to discover your purpose and calling.
This incredible ALL-INCLUSIVE residential training also offers:
- 5 days, 4 nights accommodations at the private lakefront home, a luxury waterfront property near Kings Beach, with private dock for launching boards.
- All meals and beverages (excluding alcohol): 3 breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. All meals will be vegetarian and dairy-free. Meals will be prepared communally and enjoyed together on the deck overlooking Lake Tahoe.
- Journaling, goal-setting, and meditation around the evening fire.
- Unlimited use of Glide Yoga stand up paddle boards during training.
- Gift bag with Stoked apparel, yoga accessories, and healthy snacks provided by our sponsors: Polar Bottle, Raw Elements sunscreen, and more!
- Photos and video of the training provided via google drive.
Regular Tuition – $1650
Early Bird Tuition – Paid in full before 8/6/2017: $1550
Local Rate – $1195
*Please note that priority space in this training will go to participants staying on site. Our goal is to create a retreat atmosphere: workshops and training hours will extend into the evening.
All rates noted are per person.
Kings Beach was named after card shark Joe King, who won the town site from George Whittell nearly a century before poker had a cult cable-TV following. Set against a vibrant blend of colors, flavors and textures, Kings Beach is kick back. In fact, this stretch of North Lake Tahoe wrote the book on mellow kick back.
It is rightfully known as the north shore’s banana belt, as it stands in the sun’s path from early morning into the p.m. As if basking under the sun’s glow were not enough, this mountain/beach town throws a sandy welcome to all with a signature downtown public beach.
Hip shops, restaurants, side-street vendors – all true to their cultural heritage – and down-home Lake Tahoe lodging plus a host of human characters give the town an indescribable savoir cool.
[excerpt from www.gotahoenorth.com]
Our home for the weekend is a beautiful lakefront estate with heaps of old world Tahoe charm. A spacious and bright five bedroom, three bath home with all the modern conveniences and comforts awaits us. All training participants will have their own twin bed in a shared room. One king room upgrade is available for $495, first come first serve.
The lake views that we will enjoy from the majority of the house are picturesque and the wrap around decks with comfortable furnishings and outdoor fireplace are very inviting to Al fresco dining. The private pier with sun deck and sandy beach where we will launch for training are just a leisurely walk down a well maintained path. The community also has a pool and fitness centers for anyone who just can’t get enough activity!
•High Speed Wireless Internet
The nearest airports are Reno (43 miles) and Sacramento (90 miles). Airport transportation is available from a few different shuttle services (such as Reno-Tahoe Shuttle and Executive Limousine) or by rental car.
Shuttle pickup will be from Reno airport on Wednesday at 2PM, and drop off Sunday at 4PM. We recommend flying into the Reno airport Wednesday before noon, and leaving Sunday after 5PM.