Maryland SUP Yoga Certification
Led by Melanie Smith
Hosted by Beach Bee Yoga
Baltimore, Philly, and DC water loving yogi friends – this is for you! Stoked Yogi and BeachBee Yoga are excited to bring you a SUP Yoga Teacher Training Weekend conveniently located between Philadelphia and Baltimore, Maryland. This 5 day, 4 night all-inclusive getaway training will certify you to teach stand up paddle board yoga and also offer you a beautiful weekend of relaxation and restoration.
Lead trainer Melanie Smith has been practicing and teaching SUP Yoga for over three years, and is the founder of Miss Melanie Yoga, the leading provider of SUP Yoga in Western New Jersey and Pennsylvania. SUP Yoga is still very new in this area, so it’s a great time to get on board to expand your teaching offerings!
Our classic 25 hour stand up paddle board yoga teacher training course includes:
- SUP Skills: Paddle technique including stroke and maneuvering, board anatomy and handling, entry and exit techniques, caring for your board.
- Instructing a beginner SUP lesson
- Weather and water safety: Regulations, local knowledge, rescue techniques and lifesaving skills. USCG approved water safety clinic.
- Anchor systems: Individual and group
- Adapting and sequencing asana on the water, including 2 set sequences: beginner and advanced.
- Equipment provided for duration of training: Glide Yoga Board, paddle, anchor, and PFD.
- Gift bag with Stoked apparel, yoga accessories, and healthy snacks provided by our sponsors
- Photos and videos provided via Google drive.
$795 if paid in full before 6/15/2017
$895 after 6/16/2017
Stoked Yogi is proud to offer a 10% discount for active duty military families and full time students with current ID.
Traveling to Training?
If you’re traveling to this training, we are happy to help you find reasonable accommodations. Here is a list of hotels close to the training site:
- Super 8 Havre De Grace ~ rates starting at $53
- Travelodge Aberdeen ~ rates starting at $59
- Comfort Inn & Suites ~ rates starting at $115
- Currier House ~ walking distance, call for rates (410) 939-7886
- Vandiver Inn ~ walking distance, call for rates (410) 939-5200
We do not officially arrange lodging for this training, but are happy to help connect you with another student if you are looking for a roommate. We cannot guarantee room shares, but will do our best to help make your stay affordable.
Flights may be arranged to Washington DC, Baltimore, or Philadelphia International Airports. A rental car will be necessary to transport yourself from the airport to hotel and training site.
Training Location: BeachBee Yoga & Jean S. Roberts Memorial Park
Classroom/Lecture portions of training will be held at BeachBee Yoga, located at 450 Franklin St, Havre De Grace, MD 21078
On Water portions of training will launch from the kayak launch ramp at Jean Roberts Memorial Park, located at : 509 Otsego St, Havre De Grace, MD 21078
8:30am – 9:30am: Equipment Handling & Classroom Session
9:30am-10:30am: Paddle Clinic
10:30am-12:00pm: SUP Yoga Session
12:00am-12:30pm: Teach Backs
12:30pm – 2:00pm: Lunch Break
2:00pm – 3:30pm: Lecture
3:30pm – 5:30pm: Skills Application (Rescue, Turn Clinic, Evaluations)
Contact us at email@example.com or call 323.332.9642 and we will gladly help you with any questions!