Poconos SUP Yoga Certification Retreat
July 12-14, 2019
Lake Harmony, Pennsylvania
Ready to take your practice and teaching to the water? Join us July 2019 for a 25 hour SUP Yoga certification in the beautiful Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania. We are so excited to return for an incredible, comprehensive paddle board yoga teacher training for Lehigh Valley, Delaware Valley, and Pocono Mountain Region and help to grow the local community of SUP yogis and teachers!
Stoked Yogi master trainer Melanie Smith has been practicing and teaching SUP Yoga for over five years, and is the founder of Miss Melanie Yoga, the leading provider of SUP Yoga in Western New Jersey and Pennsylvania. SUP Yoga is still new in this area, so it’s a great time to get on board to expand your teaching offerings! The calm, quiet waters of Lake Harmony provide the perfect backdrop for our SUP and yoga experience.
This training will be all inclusive with accommodations a beautiful private waterfront residence. Amazing vegetarian, gluten free meals and nourishing juice will be prepared on site by private chef. With Stoked Yogi trainings, we attend to every detail to make sure that your certification experience is also a luxurious, transformative retreat.
This 4 day, 3 night – 25 hour certification program includes:
- SUP Skills: Forward stroke, turn techniques and maneuvering, board anatomy and handling, launching and landing.
- Beginner SUP: Clear, concise method for instructing a beginner paddle board lesson.
- Safety & Rescue: Lifesaving techniques including flip rescue, active & passive drowning victims. Weather and marine hazards, local knowledge.
- Anchor Systems: Individual and group
- Aqua Asana: Beginner sequence and how to creatively sequence on the water.
- Stoked Yogi SUP Yoga Manual (Level 1)
- Business of SUP Yoga: Starting your business, insurance, permitting, and defining your brand. Fleet sales & ambassador opportunities
- Equipment provided for duration of training: Glide Yoga Board, paddle, anchor, and PFD.
- Swag Bag: Awesome gear from our sponsors including water bottle, sunscreen, hat and tank top – plus a few surprise goodies!
All Inclusive Certification Retreat also includes
- Thursday through Sunday accommodations (twin bed, shared room) in private waterfront residence with all the comforts of home
- Wi-fi, fire pit, hot tub, laundry facilities, and everything you could need on-site
- 3 nourishing vegetarian meals per day prepared on site by private chef
- Evening sessions including night paddle, visualization and goal setting ceremony, and bonfire party.
In order to provide the best training experience possible, we require a 200 hour yoga certification (or in progress) and current CPR certification at time of training. If you do not have a 200 hour certification, but have equivalent experience and are actively teaching yoga, please contact us for approval. Not sure? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Choose Stoked Yogi?
Simply put, we are the best at what we do as the leading educator in stand up paddle board yoga. Our goal is to build a global network of the most passionate, talented SUP yoga educators on the planet – and we’ve worked hard to create the strongest, most comprehensive curriculum available. Our training is approved by Yoga Alliance, WPA, PaddleFit, NASM, ACE, and SUPIA. Our panel of teachers across the United States has trained over five hundred SUP yoga professionals in the past five years, and taught tens of thousands of students. Stoked Yogi’s teaching team brings together six of the most inspiring and enthusiastic SUP Yoga teachers and businesses in the country to create a program that integrates a wide range of local knowledge and experience.
Choosing Stoked Yogi Teacher Training will also give you access to the largest global ambassador program for SUP yoga, and awesome future opportunities like assisting or even facilitating teacher trainings, workshops, retreats, and festivals in partnership with Glide Paddle Yoga.
Meet the Trainer
Pennsylvania teacher training is led by Melanie Smith, owner of Miss Melanie Yoga, Stoked Yogi Master Trainer. Melanie completed her SUP Yoga certification in San Diego in 2012 and has been an innovator and leading SUP Yoga provider in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey areas since.
All Inclusive Tuition (Includes Accommodations and Meals)
Early Bird Tuition (Paid in full 30 days prior): $1395
Regular Tuition: $1495
Traveling to Training
The nearest airports are Philadelphia and Lehigh Valley. Training is three consecutive days, starting Thursday at 4PM and ending the Sunday at 5PM. Please arrange your travel plans accordingly. Sunday night accommodations are available for an additional charge of $75. Contact us if you have questions about your flight or travel options.
If you have any questions, concerns, or would like to speak with someone regarding this certification program, please drop us a quick message here or email email@example.com and we will respond within one business day.