San Diego 40 Hour SUP Yoga Teacher Training
March 21 -25, 2018 – SOLD OUT
June 6-10, 2018 – OPEN
Waterfront Residence @ Mission Bay, San Diego
Welcome to our home town! The San Diego SUP Yoga certification retreat is our signature 40 hour certification program combined with a relaxing and rejuvenating beach retreat. You’ve been dreaming of teaching yoga on the water… it’s time to make it a reality. Join us for this 5 day, 4 night San Diego teacher training in sunny SoCal and transform your practice and teaching.
Stoked Yogi founder Amelia Travis has trained over four hundred yoga instructors how to adapt the practice of yoga safely to the stand up paddle board. This long weekend will give you 40 hours of continuing education for Yoga Alliance and the skills and confidence to guide beginners and advanced practitioners alike in the practice of “aqua asana.”
This 5 day, 40 hour stand up paddle board yoga teacher certification course includes
- SUP Skills: Paddle technique including stroke and maneuvering, board anatomy and handling, entry and exit techniques, caring for your board.
- WPA, PaddleFit & ACA informed curriculum
- Instructing a beginner SUP lesson
- Weather and water safety: Regulations, local knowledge, rescue techniques and lifesaving skills. USCG approved water safety clinic.
- Anchor systems: Individual and group
- Adapting and sequencing asana on the water, including a “Stoked Flow” set sequence: options for beginner and advanced students.
- Building Your Business: Purchasing and preparing, start up capital, marketing and advertising, web development and software, reaching your audience.
- Equipment provided for duration of training: Glide Yoga Board, paddle, anchor, and PFD.
- Journaling and goal setting workshop to give focus to your dreams.
San Diego Training also includes
- 5 days, 4 nights accommodations at private residence just steps from Mission Beach and Mission Bay.
- 3 meals per day (gluten free & vegetarian, vegan available) prepared in house by private chef
- AcroYoga workshop with certified instructor
- Unlimited use of Glide Yoga stand up paddle boards during non-training hours.
- Gift bag with Stoked apparel, yoga accessories, and healthy snacks provided by our sponsors
- Photos of the weekend provided via google drive or dropbox.
1) Complete the teacher training application here.
2) Pay the deposit or balance online here.
Early Bird Tuition – Paid in full 30 days prior: $1550
Within 30 days of training: $1650
All rates noted are per person.
Flights & Airport Transfer
Flights should be books into the San Diego International airport (SAN). Airport transfer will be provided for guests arriving Wednesday before 2PM, and departing Sunday after 5PM. If you have questions about flights, please contact us. We are happy to help!
Accommodations & Location
Your home for the retreat is a beautiful residence just steps from Mission Bay and Mission Beach. Nearby shops, restaurants, and Belmont Park invite you to easily walk to grab a coffee or ice cream during breaks. Wi-Fi, laundry, cable TV, and all the comforts of home are available on site.
Ready to Apply? Click here.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 323.332.9642 and we will gladly help you with any questions.