South Carolina SUP Yoga Certification
2019 Dates TBD
Charleston, South Carolina
Are you ready to take your practice and teaching to the water? Join us for a relaxing and fun education immersion with our classic 25 hour SUP Yoga teacher training located in Charleston, South Carolina. This training is open to ALL students – even those without a 200 hour teaching certification are welcome to dive into their practice on the water! Accommodations are available onsite for an additional lodging fee.
This 3 day, 25 hour certification program includes
- SUP Skills: Forward stroke, turn techniques and maneuvering, board anatomy and handling, launching and landing.
- Beginner SUP: Clear, concise method for instructing a beginner paddle board lesson.
- Safety & Rescue: Lifesaving techniques including flip rescue, active & passive drowning victims. Weather and marine hazards, local knowledge.
- Anchor Systems: Individual and group
- Aqua Asana: Beginner sequence and how to creatively sequence on the water.
- Stoked Yogi SUP Yoga Manual
- Business of SUP Yoga: Starting your business, insurance, permitting, and defining your brand. Fleet sales & ambassador opportunities
- Equipment provided for duration of training: Glide Yoga Board, paddle, anchor, and PFD.
- Swag Bag: Awesome gear from our sponsors including water bottle, sunscreen, hat and tank top – plus a few surprise goodies!
In order to receive Yoga Alliance continuing education hours, we require a 200 hour yoga certification (or in progress) and current CPR certification at time of training. If you do not have a 200 hour certification, you are more than welcome to take the training for personal development as an education immersion retreat. Not sure? Email email@example.com to inquire about your experience.
Meet the Trainer
Teacher training is led by Stevie Rodis, founder of A Pinch-a Yoga, local leader in SUP yoga. “Yoga found me in 2012 and it wasn’t long before I decided that teaching yoga would be a perfect fit for me. I completed my 200hr yoga teacher training in June of 2014 through Gotta Yoga and recently completed a 40hr SUP Yoga teacher and PaddleFit level 1 training through Stoked Yogi.” Stevie is also a lifelong learner and educator with a masters degree in Teaching and a PhD in progress!
Early Bird Tuition (Paid in full 30 days prior): $795
Regular Tuition: $895
Accommodations are available onsite. Enjoy a relaxing weekend in our comfortable and conveniently located condo, walking distance from the private dock where sessions will launch. The house includes wi-fi and laundry.
Meals are NOT included in the accommodations rate, but students may bring food and have use of the fully equipped kitchen in the condo.
Twin Bed Shared Room & Bath: $195
Full Bed, Shared Room & Bath: $225
Queen Bed, Private Room, Shared Bath: $275 Single Occupancy
Queen Bed, Private Room & Bath: $350 Single Occupancy