Lake Murray, South Carolina SUP Yoga Certification
May 31 – June 3, 2018
Lake Murray, South Carolina
Are you ready to take your practice and teaching to the water? Join us for a relaxing and fun education immersion with our classic 25 hour SUP Yoga teacher training located on Lake Murray, South Carolina. This training is open to ALL students – even those without a 200 hour teaching certification are welcome to dive into their practice on the water! Accommodations are available onsite for an additional lodging fee.
This 3 day, 25 hour certification program includes
- SUP Skills: Forward stroke, turn techniques and maneuvering, board anatomy and handling, launching and landing.
- Beginner SUP: Clear, concise method for instructing a beginner paddle board lesson.
- Safety & Rescue: Lifesaving techniques including flip rescue, active & passive drowning victims. Weather and marine hazards, local knowledge.
- Anchor Systems: Individual and group
- Aqua Asana: Beginner sequence and how to creatively sequence on the water.
- Stoked Yogi SUP Yoga Manual
- Business of SUP Yoga: Starting your business, insurance, permitting, and defining your brand. Fleet sales & ambassador opportunities
- Equipment provided for duration of training: Glide Yoga Board, paddle, anchor, and PFD.
- Swag Bag: Awesome gear from our sponsors including water bottle, sunscreen, hat and tank top – plus a few surprise goodies!
In order to receive Yoga Alliance continuing education hours, we require a 200 hour yoga certification (or in progress) and current CPR certification at time of training. If you do not have a 200 hour certification, you are more than welcome to take the training for personal development as an education immersion retreat. Not sure? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about your experience.
Meet the Trainer
Teacher training is led by Stevie Rodis, founder of A Pinch-a Yoga, local leader in SUP yoga. “Yoga found me in 2012 and it wasn’t long before I decided that teaching yoga would be a perfect fit for me. I completed my 200hr yoga teacher training in June of 2014 through Gotta Yoga and recently completed a 40hr SUP Yoga teacher and PaddleFit level 1 training through Stoked Yogi.” Stevie is also a lifelong learner and educator with a masters degree in Teaching and a PhD in progress!
Early Bird Tuition (Paid in full 30 days prior): $795
Regular Tuition: $895
Accommodations are available onsite. Enjoy a relaxing weekend in our comfortable and conveniently located condo, walking distance from the private dock where sessions will launch. Meals are NOT included in the accommodations rate, but students may bring food and have use of the fully equipped kitchen in the condo. The house also includes wi-fi and laundry.
Twin Bed: $175
Full Bed, Shared Room: $195
Queen Bed, Private Room: $250 Single Occupancy // $280 Double Occupancy
King Bed, Private Room: $295 Single Occupancy // $320 Double Occupancy