Michigan SUP Yoga Certification Retreat
June 26 – June 30, 2019
Little Traverse Lake, Michigan
Come witness the astonishing beauty of Michigan’s Great Lakes with a Stoked Yogi teacher training unlike any other. Spend evenings lakeside around the bonfire, gazing at the stars, and the days on the water under the warm summer sun. Dive into nature with us as we paddle the clear emerald waters of Little Traverse Lake for this incredible training experience and five day immersion into SUP Yoga.
Immerse yourself in new knowledge with our fourth annual stand up paddle board yoga certification in northern Michigan. We are proudly partnering with the amazing team at Fluid SUP to bring you this 5 day, 4 night SUP teacher training with the stunning backdrop of Little Traverse Lake. This long weekend will give you 40 hours of continuing education for Yoga Alliance and give you the skills and confidence to guide beginners and intermediate practitioners alike in the practice of “aqua asana.”
This 5 day, 40 hour stand up paddle board yoga teacher certification course includes:
- SUP Skills: Paddle technique including stroke and maneuvering, board anatomy and handling, entry and exit techniques, caring for your board.
- Instructing a beginner SUP lesson
- Weather and water safety: Regulations, local knowledge, rescue techniques and lifesaving skills. USCG (United States Coast Guard) approved water safety clinic.
- Anchor systems: Individual and group
- Adapting and sequencing asana on the water, including one set sequence and guidelines for building your own class.
- Building Your Business: Purchasing and preparing, start up capital, marketing and advertising, web development and software, reaching your audience.
- Equipment provided for duration of training: Glide Yoga Board, paddle, anchor, and PFD.
- “Float & Fly” AcroYoga workshop
- Journaling and Dharma satsang to discover your purpose and calling.
This incredible ALL-INCLUSIVE residential training also offers:
- 5 days, 4 nights accommodations at the private lakefront home with mellow beach for launching boards.
- All meals and beverages (excluding alcohol): 3 breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.
- All meals will be vegetarian and gluten free (vegan option available). Meals will be prepared communally and enjoyed together family style.
- Journaling, goal-setting, and meditation in the evenings.
- Unlimited use of stand up paddle boards during training.
- Gift bag with Stoked apparel, yoga accessories, and healthy snacks provided by our sponsors and more!
- Photos and video of the training provided via google drive.
Ready to apply? Click here.
Early Bird Tuition (Paid in Full by 4/26/19) – $1750
Tuition Only – No Accommodations or Meals – $1250
All rates noted are per person.
Leelanau County, Michigan is known best for its pristine beaches, warm inland lakes, and its delicious local food and wine scene. In the heart of it all lies Little Traverse Lake, a quiet and peaceful lake and the home of this unique “Up North” Stoked Yogi experience. Little Traverse Lake runs along the edge of Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lake Shore, also known as the “Most Beautiful Place in America” (according to the viewers of Good Morning America). This secluded stretch of beach along Lake Michigan’s crystal clear water is within walking distance from the accommodations. Also within a short commute via SUP or bike to the other side of the lake is a small grocery store, local farm stand, and gastro pub. Also within a short drive are magnificent dunes that rise 450’ above Lake Michigan, amazing beach sunsets, shipwrecks to paddle and snorkel, and rivers to explore.
Our home for the weekend is a beautiful lakefront cabin with all the comforts of home. Tuition includes a twin bed in shared room. Upgrades to private room are available.
The lake views that we will enjoy from the majority of the house are picturesque and the spacious lawn is perfect for yoga, basking in the sunshine, or watching the moon rise. Launch onto the water just steps from your bedroom door!
The nearest airport is in Traverse City, 26 miles away.
Shuttle pickup will be from Traverse City airport on Wednesday at 2PM, and drop off Sunday at 4PM. We recommend flying into the airport Wednesday before 1:30PM, and leaving Sunday after 5PM.