Ready to Certify SUP Yoga Teachers?
SUP Yoga Master Training
San Diego, California
November 6-10, 2019
You’ve fallen in love with teaching stand up paddle board yoga, and want to spread the joy by equipping and empowering other instructors to bring their practice and teaching onto the water. Building a successful teacher training program is a challenging endeavor, and SUP Yoga Master Training will equip you to confidently train teachers in stand up paddle board yoga.
Our SUP Yoga Master Training takes the guesswork out of taking your teaching to the next level. Through applied practical training, clear organizational strategy, and individual mentorship, this program will equip you to create your own training program or license our curriculum and host your own branded paddle board yoga certifications as a Stoked Yogi educational provider.
SUP Yoga Master Training
Stoked Yogi is widely recognized as providing the best education program globally for stand up paddle board yoga. We are looking to partner with passionate teachers who are ready to expand their businesses and share the best quality SUP yoga certification program available.
This 40 hour program includes:
- Curriculum Essentials: Fundamental modules for 3 Day (25 Hour) and 5 Day (40 Hour) SUP Yoga Programs
- Event Planning: How to organize and host successful commuter or residential programs (includes access to Rock Your Retreat E-Course)
- Teaching Methodology: Cultivating community, confluence and confidence in teaching professionals
- Leadership Development: Establishing yourself as a leader in the field
- Individual Mentoring: Ongoing coaching for master trainers
San Diego SUP Yoga Master Training Also Includes:
- 6 days, 5 nights accommodations at private residence steps from Mission Beach and Mission Bay.
- 3 meals per day (gluten free & vegan) prepared by private chef.
- Unlimited use of paddle boards during non-training hours.
- Gift bag with apparel, accessories, and snacks from our sponsors.
- Professional head shots & action shots for marketing.
- Photos of the training provided via google drive or dropbox.
Become a SUP Yoga Industry Leader
Graduates of Stoked Yogi Master Training may facilitate Stoked Yogi Teacher Trainings as an integral part of our global team.
Our existing infrastructure supports you in offering a 2 day, 3 day, or 5 day SUP yoga education program, residential all-inclusive, or a local training for daily commuters. You will also be qualified to teach Stoked Yogi FIT (Floating Immersion Training) certification designed specifically for pools, which incorporates yoga, pilates, strength training, and HIIT (high intensity interval training).
Our core values prioritize community through leadership and mentorship. We will work individually with all graduates to create success for your business through marketing, advertising, social media coaching, administrative, and operational support for your training events.
Our pay rates and licensing fees for conducting Stoked Yogi trainings are more than competitive. They reflect the hard work, commitment, and expertise you have pursued as a waterman/water woman and yoga professional, and the respect and appreciation we have for you as a member of the Stoked Yogi tribe and family.
Master Training Requirements
Our goal is not to simply churn out teachers, but to inspire and empower educators to advance their businesses and spread the healing and transformative power of movement on the water. As such, our master training has specific and firm requirements for applicants. We will be selecting no more than twelve applicants to participate in the 2018 Master Training Program.
- 200 Hour Yoga Certification and minimum of two years and 1000 hours of teaching experience off the water.
- SUP Technique: Mastery of sweep, reverse, cross-bow, and proper forward stroke.
- SUP Distance: Paddle 1 mile in 20 minutes or less.
- Rescue Skills: Confident SUP flip rescue, towing with tow line and paddle.
- Current First Aid, CPR and Lifeguard certifications.
- Completion of SUP Yoga Teacher Training Certification (minimum 25 hours, does not have to be with Stoked Yogi) and minimum two years teaching on the water.
- WPA, ACA, PaddleFit, ISA, ASI, or approved SUP specific certification
Hybrid Online Program Format
We know your time is valuable, and want to make the most of our in-person hours, and allow you to enjoy a relaxed pace and retreat environment during your Master Training education immersion. As such, 10 hours of the program will be conducted online via Teachable learning platform. 60 days prior to your residential immersion, you will gain access to the online Master Trainer course and be able to work through the 10 hours at your own pace.
In person, practical training will be conducted between the hours of 8am – 12pm and 3pm – 6:30pm leaving ample time for students to enjoy the beach, take naps, surf, get a massage or book a professional photo or video shoot to support your growing business.
Master Training Immersion Itinerary
Accommodations & Meals
Your home for the retreat is a beautiful residence just steps from Mission Bay and Mission Beach. Nearby shops, restaurants, and Belmont Park invite you to easily walk to grab a coffee or ice cream during breaks. Wi-Fi, laundry, cable TV, and all the comforts of home are available on site. 3 delicious, plant based (vegan and gluten free) meals will be provided each day.
Tuition & Lodging Rates
$1395 – Tuition Only, No Lodging or Meals
$1995 – All Inclusive Tuition* (Includes Lodging and Meals)
*Upgrades for lodging will be offered during registration process.