Spring is in full swing, and summer is right around the corner. That means full-on travel mode for this wandering yogini – and the time to figure out exactly what are my Stoked Yogi travel essentials. Our summer season means traveling all over the U.S., spreading the SUP Yoga love far and wide as the country thaws and waters get warm enough for mermaid-ing. I love reading about what’s in other peoples travel bags, so I thought I would share my faves with you as well!
As we speak (or as you read, rather) I am sitting on a flight to Florida and making good use of United Airline’s on board wi-fi. Here’s what you’d find in my carry-on right meow:
- Cozy socks from Stance – they are super thick and come in a bunch of crazy rad patterns like Prism, Hip N Roll or Faramones
- Travel Wrap from Salt Gypsy – will be my sarong when I hit the Florida beaches, but right now it’s a scarf for my neck, or a blanket for when the flight hits cruising altitude
- Coconut Oil – I pack a little 3oz jar to moisturize or use as makeup remover or chap stick! Add a few drops of peppermint essential oil if you like, and make sure to choose organic & cold pressed like Nutiva
- Water – the San Diego airport rocks with purified water stations past security, perfect for filling up my Stoked Yogi Polar Bottle – (get yours in the shop here)
- Bio Brightener from W3ll People – for when the red-eye wins, and dark circles need to be dealt with
- Something to read – I am currently lost in Game of Thrones – only one book one of the Fire & Ice series but so far it’s true to gore, sex, and intrigue of the HBO show #swoon #motherofdragons
- Headphones to listen to tunes – regular ol’ earbuds are in my bag now but crushing on these colorful Beats By Dre over ear headphones. I mean, come on. They are teal. Total #mermaid status.
- Stoked Yogi shaka tank – It’s always nice to have a freshie tank upon arrival
- Perfect Bar to munch on – especially when you have a short layover and airport food is pretty scary. My fave? Almond coconut – it’s vegan, gluten-free, and bomb.com
- Dried mangos – they are like crack to me. I mean, healthy, fruity, legal crack.
- Sunskis matte black originals – yup, I wear my shades on the plane when it’s time to snooze
- Yogitoes towel – I don’t always want to carry my mat through the airport, but there’s no shame in my game when it comes to laying out a towel and flowing through a short practice to beat the stiff joints that come from 5 hours in a coach seat. Currently obsessed with the “No Place” towel – I am a sucker for color. Life should be like an explosion of color, always.
With teacher trainings coming up in Maryland, Michigan, Florida, and Tahoe – and a surf trip to Costa Rica – I will definitely need to keep up with my travel essentials game! So tell me… what’s in your carry on?Tags: beats by dre, carry on, jetset, perfect bars, Polar Bottle, salt gypsy, stance socks, stoked yogi, sunskis, travel essentials, yogitoes