Shred Camp: Women’s Surf, SUP & Yoga Retreat
led by Amelia Travis & Leda Olmsted
September 18-22, 2019 in San Diego, California
You want to surf, but craving that girl gang? We got you, babe!
Shred Camp is a women’s surf, SUP, and yoga retreat in sunny San Diego, California. It’s time to get salty and stoked living the beach lifestyle. Picture yourself sipping green juice, practicing yoga, charging through waves Baywatch-style, surfing til you drop, watching the sunset over the ocean, laughing and sharing deep talks with a beverage around the bonfire. There’s a few things we do better than anyone else: surf, salt, sun, stoke, and sisterhood.
This retreat has it all.
Women’s Surf & Yoga Retreat
This all-inclusive women’s surf & yoga experience provides you with the skills and confidence to charge on the water. We’ll review surf etiquette, learn to read waves, ocean safety & respect, paddle technique, how to catch waves, stand up, drop in, go down the line, and turn. There is no better feeling than sitting out on your board with a group of girl friends, with your cheeks hurting from smiling.
Standing up and riding an ocean wave is one of the most empowering experiences on earth. Surfing asks us to bow humbly to the force of nature’s rhythms while giving us a healthy dose of adrenaline to push past comfort zones. Growth happens when we choose to change our limiting beliefs and try something new.
Yoga is the yin to surfing’s yang, and in this retreat the yoga classes will intentionally complement full, active days to leave you feeling refreshed, restored, and deeply connected to the rhythm of the ocean, and your own breath.
- Oceanfront lodging in gorgeous private Mission Beach home
- 3 meals daily prepared on site by private chef (Vegan, GF & omnivore options available)
- Airport transfers (San Diego International Airport)
- Daily surf lessons & all surf equipment (board, leash)
- Daily yoga classes
- SUP skills and technique clinic
- SUP yoga class on Mission Bay
Plus, you also get…
- Practical, tangible coaching from experienced women surfers (we’re rad coaches)
- Dreamwork and manifestation rituals to inspire you to leap towards your dreams
- Swag bag with goodies from our fave sponsors!
- All SUP & yoga equipment (board, paddle, leash, PFD, yoga mat)
- 80’s themed dance party yoga sesh
- Photos & video of your experience
What’s NOT Included?
- Alcohol (BYOB)
Who It’s For
You do NOT have to know how to surf to attend this retreat. In fact, it’s perfect for you if you’ve NEVER surfed before. It’s also a great fit if you’re a beginner to intermediate surfer looking to connect with other lady shredders, have fun in mellow waves, and enjoy the San Diego summer water temps (oh heyyy surfing in bikinis! – or, you know, whatever’s comfy for you.)
This retreat is perfect for you if you:
- Never surfed before and want to learn
- Surfed once or twice on vacation but only in white water
- Surfed a few times but don’t feel confident surfing alone
- Want to learn more about surf etiquette, technique, and improve skills
- Been surfing for years but not in a while
- Feel comfortable surfing but want a girl gang (duh)
- Are ready for intermediate skills and longer sessions
- Totally rule at surfing and think we’re cool and want to hang (love that!)
- Hate life right now and want the ocean to wash it all away.
- Love life and want to celebrate with women who love you!
What to Expect
With surfing, our daily schedule is ultimately in the hands of the ocean. We’ll surf when the conditions are best (usually morning), with free time and fun activities in the afternoons and evenings. Each day will provide multiple opportunities to learn new skills, whether we are surfing, practicing SUP yoga, or improving our SUP techniques.
Days will begin coffee/tea/smoothies followed by a dawn patrol / early morning surf session. Work up an appetite before a yummy, filling brunch. Enjoy well-deserved downtime each afternoon to nap in the sun, get a massage, read a book, or cruise around town on a scooter. Evenings are ideal for sunset surf sessions, mellow yoga, deep conversations, bonfires, reflection, and manifestation.
- Twin Room: $1750/person (7 Available)
- Queen Room:
$1995/person(2 Available – SOLD OUT)
- Private King Room: $2350 /person (2 Available)
- Shared King Room: $1750 / person (2 Available *must book with 2 guests)
$450 deposit holds space | non-refundable
Space is limited to 12 babes and this retreat WILL sell out so jump on it!
Flights & Airport Transfer
Flights should be booked into the San Diego International airport (SAN), arriving as early as possible on Wednesday September 18 and departing after 2pm on Sunday, September 22. After booking, we will send you a travel questionnaire to stay updated with your arrival and departure plans.
Surf & Yoga Guides
Amelia Travis is a water woman, yoga teacher, life and business coach. Her mission in life is empowering women to follow their dreams, and she enables this mission through Stoked Yogi retreats, trainings, and online personal and business development for heart-centered, spirit-led women. As the founder of Stoked Yogi, she’s had the privilege of leading over a thousand clients through transformative life experiences on and off the water. Learn more about Amelia here.
Leda Olmsted is a yoga teacher, trainer, and entrepreneur whose offerings integrate leadership, aesthetic, movement, nature, and connection. In her Lunar Rhythms workshop series, Leda teaches how aligning with the moon phases can manifest dreams and enable living with passionate purpose. Her Shred Camp retreats empower women through surfing, yoga, and unadulterated fun. Leda’s life mission is to remind students that they are limitless. Read more about Leda here.