San Diego 25 Hour SUP Yoga Teacher Training
July 28-30, 2017
Agua Hedonia | Carlsbad Lagoon, North County San Diego, California
Welcome to our home town! The San Diego SUP Yoga Teacher Training in July 2017 is our classic 25 hour certification program, perfect for locals or out of town students who want a shorter option than our 40 hour SUP Yoga Certification retreat. You’ve been dreaming of teaching yoga on the water… it’s time to make it a reality. Join us for this 3 day teacher training on the beautiful and calm waters of the Carlsbad Lagoon.
Stoked Yogi founder Amelia Travis has trained over four hundred fifty yoga instructors how to adapt the practice of yoga safely to the stand up paddle board. This three day weekend will give you 25 hours of continuing education for Yoga Alliance and the skills and confidence to guide beginners and advanced practitioners alike in the practice of “aqua asana.”
This 3 day, 25 hour stand up paddle board yoga teacher certification course includes
- SUP Skills: Paddle technique including stroke and maneuvering, board anatomy and handling, entry and exit techniques, caring for your board.
- Instructing a beginner SUP lesson
- Weather and water safety: Regulations, local knowledge, rescue techniques and lifesaving skills. USCG approved water safety clinic.
- Anchor systems: Individual and group
- Adapting and sequencing asana on the water, including a “Stoked Flow” set sequence: options for beginner and advanced students.
- Equipment provided for duration of training: Glide Yoga Board, paddle, anchor, and PFD.
- Gift bag with Stoked apparel, yoga accessories, and healthy snacks provided by our sponsors
- Photos of the weekend provided via google drive or dropbox.
Early Bird Tuition – Paid in full 30 days prior: $795
Within 30 days of training: $895
All rates noted are per person.
If you’re traveling to this training, we are happy to help you find reasonable accommodations. Here is a list of hotels close to the training site:
- Days Inn Carlsbad ~ rates starting at $159
- Econo Lodge ~ rates starting at $152
- Rodeway Inn ~ rates starting at $157
- Extended Stay America ~ rates starting at $144
- Best Western Plus Beach View Lodge ~ rates starting at $290
We do not officially arrange lodging for this training, but are happy to help connect you with another student if you are looking for a roommate. We cannot guarantee room shares, but will do our best to help make your stay affordable. Flights should be books into the San Diego International airport (SAN) with arrival on Thursday, July 27. A rental car will be necessary to transport yourself from the airport to hotel and training site.
Training Location: Carlsbad Lagoon
Agua Hedonia, more commonly known as the Carlsbad Lagoon, is a beautiful natural preserve in the heart of north county San Diego. It’s calm, flat waters are the perfect place to learn SUP skills and practice paddle board yoga. We might have visitors! Jumping fish, water fowl, and other marine life live in the marshlands and waters of the lagoon. Because this is a natural preserve, there are no bathroom or food facilities on site. As such, we will take an extended lunch break each day to provide ample time to refuel and recover.
Our launch site daily will be the public access beach located at 4700 Bayshore Drive, Carlsbad CA 92008.
7:30am – 8:30am: Equipment Handling & Classroom Session
8:30am-9:30am: Paddle Clinic
9:30am-11:00am: SUP Yoga Session
11:00am-11:30pm: Teach Backs
11:30pm – 2:30pm: Lunch Break
1:30pm – 3:30pm: Lecture
3:30pm – 5:30pm: Skills Application (Rescue, Turn Clinic, Evaluations)
Contact us at email@example.com or call 323.332.9642 and we will gladly help you with any questions.