We’ve got lots of options for day 5 of #MermaidYogis. High Plank is one of those great poses that gives us lots of room for adding challenge or simplifying for less heat. The video demonstration on Instagram today shows a moderate intensity core workout – high plank toe taps.
High Plank Variations (in order of intensity)
- Drop knees. Start in the top of a push up position, but drop the knees. Wrists are stacked beneath shoulders and there is one line from crown of the head to the knees. Engage the low belly.
- Classic plank. Tuck the toes and straighten legs to the top of a push up, wrists beneath shoulders and heels above toes. Firm the low belly and breathe deeply.
- One leg plank. From push up position, lift on leg up towards sky behind you. Keep a straight line from crown of head to heels.
- One leg toe taps. From step 3, exhale and sweep toes to the side, tap the ground. Inhale to re-extend, exhale out and tap. Repeat five to ten times.
- Variety! Add intensity by trying this on an elevated surface, or get creative with toe dips in the water during paddle board yoga!