There may be no better cure for whatever ails you than this pose: Viparita Karani, or Legs Up the Wall. This gentle inversion is amazing for reducing anxiety, low back pain, PMS symptoms, headache, or aching feet. Yogic scriptures also say it will reduce wrinkles, make you look younger, and calm the mind. Sign me up!
Legs Up the Wall ~ Viparita Karani
- Pull your mat up to the wall, lengthwise. Or skip the mat and pull your body up to the wall.
- Come into the fetal position with your back against the wall, so you can get your hips as close to the wall as possible.
- Roll onto your back as you swing legs up onto the wall, allowing a gentle bend in the knees as you rest heels onto the wall.
- You may choose to place a bolster beneath your hips to add a bit more inversion to the pose.
- Relax. Stay here for five to ten minutes, just chilling.
- Variations: let legs fall into a wide straddle, or bring soles of the feet together into bound angle/butterfly.
- Enjoy. It feels so so good.
Tags: #mermaidyogis, Amelia Travis, blooming lotus jewelry, Body Glove Girl, Colorescience, glide sup, Graced By Grit, how to teach yoga, instagram, janalyn yanover, jaysea devoe, legs up the wall, Manduka Yoga, Mermaid Yogis, Raw Elements USA, Soulie, stoked yogi, tutorial, vinyasa flow, viparita karani, yoga, yoga challenge, yoga for beginners, yoga sequence