Day 4 of #MermaidYogis is changing our perspective! Gain the mechanics of flight while laying comfortably on your back in supine crow! This pose may seem mellow, but you’ll be surprised at the deep core integration that must happen to hold this properly.
- Lay on your back with arms and legs extended. Inhale deeply.
- Exhale, curl through the spine, reach up and draw your knees into your armpits, placing them as high as possible on your triceps.
- Inhale, re-extend arms and legs, moving into low boat.
- Exhale, pick it up into supine crow.
- Continue dynamically through five rounds, then hold in supine crow for five deep breaths.
Feel the burn! Have you joined the #mermaidyogis movement on Instagram? Feel free to tweet, blog, and shout it from the rooftops! We want to see your expressions! For in depth video tutorials, come hang with us on YouTube.
xoxoTags: #mermaidyogis, #stokedyogi, how to yoga, instagram, Mermaid Challenge, mermaid yogi challenge, Mermaid Yogis, mermaids, stoked yogi, yoga for beginners, yoga tutorial