The rad thing about dophin pose is it’s nature as a triple threat yoga pose: it’s primary functions? Strengthening the shoulders and abdominals while stretching the hamstrings. It’s an awesome prep pose for both supported headstand and forearm stand.
- Start in forearm plank. Clasp hands in front of you. Inhale deeply.
- Exhale and start walking your toes towards your face. Try to get hips over shoulders
- Breathe deeply and keep shoulders over elbows.
- Variety! Try lifting one leg at a time as a prep for forearm stand.
- Support! Try putting a strap around your upper arms to keep them the correct distance apart.